Coronavirus Update 07/01/2020
Gastroenterology Associates of Cleveland is open to see patients in the office with restrictions. We are closely monitoring the daily developments around COVID-19. Our top priority is the health and safety of our patients, staff, and physicians.
We are committed to caring for the health of our community. We are taking extra precautionary measures to protect our patients, employees, and doctors.
To minimize the spread of COVID-19 and to protect our patients, staff, and doctors, we have taken the following steps:
- Prior to making appointments, and periodically until the appointment, we will screen all patients for symptoms or exposure to COVID-19. This will be accomplished by using a questionnaire developed specifically for this purpose. Our schedulers are screening all patients, by phone with appointments in our office and ambulatory surgery center (Endoscopy Center). The phone screenings will occur when an appointment is scheduled as well as the day before a patient is scheduled to arrive.
- If the responses to the questionnaire raise a suspicion for symptomatic COVID-19 or exposure to the illness, the appointment will be postponed to account for the incubation period of the illness or until virus shedding is no longer an issue. Typically, this may delay appointments for 14 days or more Patients may consider a Telehealth visit as an alternative. You will need to contact your primary care physician for further direction regarding management of your symptoms or exposure that lead to postponement.
- We will be checking the temperature of all patients upon their arrival.
- We are limiting the number of people in our reception area and Endoscopy Center to patients only. Any accompanying family members and drivers will be asked to wait in their cars during the patient’s appointment.
- All patients will be required to call the front desk upon arrival (this number will be provided upon scheduled and posted on our door) and wait in their vehicle until advised to enter. We will direct you as to when to enter the building and where to go upon entry.
- Any necessary signatures and paperwork will be completed inside the exam room.
- Our staff will wear a mask and gloves when they are in close contact with patients.
- Our team will clean and disinfect all counters, doorknobs, and other surfaces after every patient contact.
- Al employees are screened daily for symptoms and undergo daily temperature checks. They will be required to self-quarantine at home and seek appropriate medical help if they develop signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
Thank you for trusting us with your care. We never take it for granted and we sincerely work extremely hard to earn your confidence in our care in every encounter we have with you.