Tips to Make Your Visit Successful
At GAC our highly trained physicians and staff are dedicated to providing you with the best possible care in a comfortable, compassionate setting. Whether you are coming in for an appointment or a procedure, the information below will help make your visit go more smoothly. Please take a moment to read it carefully. Should you have questions, any member of our staff will be glad to help you.
Our primary location is in Beachwood, Ohio and we have two satellite offices located in Garfield Heights and Youngstown. This enables us to offer appointments that are both convenient and fit your schedule. When you call to schedule an appointment, please have your personal calendar on-hand. This will help avoid scheduling conflicts and possible cancellations.
3700 Park East Drive, Suite 100
Beachwood, Ohio 44122
Located across from the Hilton Hotel, and next to the Marriott Residence Inn
Local Phone: 216-593-7700
Local Fax: 216-593-7190
Map & Directions
12000 McCracken Rd, Suite 550
Garfield Heights, Ohio 44125
Marymount Medical Office Building
Map & Directions
New Patient Forms
As a new patient, you may download our new patient registration and medical history form to fill out and bring with you on your first appointment.
If you have any questions or need assistance in filling out any of these forms please call our office at 216-593-7700 and speak with a member of our staff. They will be more than happy to assist you.
To view these files, you will need Acrobat Reader.
Download a copy of Adobe Reader
Remember to bring a photo I.D. and your most current insurance card(s) to every visit. Please arrive early, allowing ample time for traffic, parking and completing any necessary paperwork.
- New patients – 30 minutes
- Established patients – 15 minutes
- Endoscopic Procedures – 30 minutes
Please bring all test results, lab work, and X-rays that pertain to the reason for your visit. If you do not have these documents, please make sure they are mailed or faxed to our primary office location at the fax number listed above at least 48 hours prior to your appointment.
Hours of Operation
The doors to the Brulant building at 3700 Park East Drive unlock at 6:30 am. Patients who arrive earlier than that time should wait in their car until the building opens.
- Cleveland Center for Digestive Health & Endoscopy (CCDH) – Our office doors typically unlock 30 minutes prior to the first endoscopic procedure of the day. This is usually 7:00 am when our front desk is staffed by our endoscopy receptionist. On those occasions when our first procedure is at 7:00 am, the doors will open at 6:30 am.
- Gastroenterology Associates of Cleveland (GAC) – Office employees are available beginning at 8:30 am to assist you. Both GAC and CCDH are open until 5:00 pm.
After regular operating hours, one of our physicians is available for emergencies after 5:00 pm by calling 216-593-7700.
We participate in most health plans; however you should know the following about your specific plan (please see the comprehensive list)
- If our physician and facility are in-network
- If our physician is at your preferred tier level
- Your annual deductible
- Your office visit co-payment
- If a referral is required
Coordinate all required referrals with your primary care physician and submit to your GAC physician at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- We will submit primary, secondary and tertiary claims on your behalf as long as the information needed to process the claim is obtained and verified before your visit. If this information is obtained after your visit, the patient or guarantor is responsible for the balance.
- We accept Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance plans offered in Ohio
When you receive your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your insurance company it will explain how your bill was paid and any amount that you will owe GAC or CCDH.
Prescription Refills and Prior Authorization for Medication
If you need a prescription refill, call 216-593-7700 and press 2 at the prompt. Leave your name, daytime phone number, pharmacy name and phone number, name of the drug(s) requested, strength, quantity and number of refills. Please allow 48 hours for the request to be processed. If you have not been seen by one of our physicians in the preceding 12 months you must be seen in the office in order to obtain a refill.
Prior Authorization for Proton Pump Inhibitor Medication
Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are a group of drugs whose main action is a long-lasting reduction of gastric acid production in order to treat GERD.
Because of their widespread use and high cost, most pharmacy benefit plans have restrictions on the use of PPIs. In order to avoid a delay in your care, please call your pharmacy benefit phone number and ask for a list of PPI’s in Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3. We will always try and prescribe the PPI that has the smallest co-pay. Below is a list of the currently available PPI’s on the market.